I am a long-time animal lover, avid rescue supporter, and I wanted to share with my students this passion! Project R.E.A.C.H. was born from a desire to instill in my students a desire to use their many talents to give back to the community at large by creating awareness about animal adoption, the importance of standing up against animal cruelty, the intricacies of responsible pet ownership, and the role of active citizenship in making political change to benefit our society.
The students will be
- completing research about their favorite domesticated animals,
- determining the responsibilities of responsible pet owners,
- examining the importance of spaying and neutering pets,
- investigating why it is so essential to adopt animals and help the organizations that support them,
- creating DIY donations for a local humane society,
- developing projects that will create awareness about adoption, responsible pet ownership, and standing up to animal cruelty,
- writing to legislators about the importance of standing up to animal abusers and funding for no-kill shelters,
- and presenting what they’ve learned to the school.