Thursday, July 25, 2013

About the Founder and Daretown



Click this link to connect with us on Facebook!
Check out Daretown School!

Hi R.E.A.C.H.ers, 

I know that some of you know me already, so you can feel free to skip this. :) 

I just want to share a little bit about me with those of you who don't know me, so we can be better acquainted. Feel free to tell me a little about you, too! :)

I'm Jessica Sears. I love animals and I am very passionate about EVERYTHING involving them. Just ask my husband, he'll tell you all about it. :) I enjoy reading, writing, walking, going on adventures, cooking, and spending time with my family (and my friends and pets are part of my family, of course). We currently have three adopted Jack Russell Terriers (Niko, Rudy, and Harley), all of whom are spoiled rotten. (Not MY fault, I promise!) 

I'm the founder of Project R.E.A.C.H., but I'm also a Secondary English/LAL teacher (6-12) at Daretown School, in Elmer, New Jersey. The 2013-2014 school year will be my fourth at Daretown and I'm so excited to begin!! :)  

Daretown is part of the Salem County Special Services School District.
 
In short, all staff works together to provide a highly individualized program in an environment that that is supportive and encourages appropriate, pro-social behavior and excellence in academics!

I believe that educating our youth is where change begins for the welfare of animals in our communities. As I've said before, start small, Think BIG! :)

My students are truly amazing, with such wonderful talents and gifts to give to this world. I can't wait for you to see all of the incredible things they are capable of and for you to watch as they make a difference in this world and in the lives of animals and the organizations who support them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment